Shenandoah Davis Curtain Call lyrics
Curtain Call
Shenandoah Davis
GENRE [Verse 1]
The facts are vague, but you recount them all
How they improve with age
You with your slingshot and your wrecking ball
Waiting to take the stage
[Verse 2]
I'm not the one who missed the curtain call
But I'm the one who is ashamed
Somebody told me how I stole your show
All for my own acclaim
[Refrain 1]
But I would be happy in the chorus
Down in your dressing room, rehearsing all your lines
And in the finale, you shine
And I would bring you flowers every time
[Verse 3]
We shared a roll of film in black and white
You made the sidewalk spin
But the photographer was out of sight
Too late to capture it
[Refrain 2]
And I would be happy in the chorus
Down in your dressing room, rehearsing all your lines
If I could call you mine
The facts are vague, but you recount them all
How they improve with age
You with your slingshot and your wrecking ball
Waiting to take the stage
[Verse 2]
I'm not the one who missed the curtain call
But I'm the one who is ashamed
Somebody told me how I stole your show
All for my own acclaim
[Refrain 1]
But I would be happy in the chorus
Down in your dressing room, rehearsing all your lines
And in the finale, you shine
And I would bring you flowers every time
[Verse 3]
We shared a roll of film in black and white
You made the sidewalk spin
But the photographer was out of sight
Too late to capture it
[Refrain 2]
And I would be happy in the chorus
Down in your dressing room, rehearsing all your lines
If I could call you mine
Others songs from the artist
Comments
Post a Comment